[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] [WG: Sakai QA] sakai-2.6.3: test/recommend deployers useTomcat 5.5.28+?

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Tue Jun 29 11:41:29 PDT 2010

Hi all,

in the short term QA has too little resources even to tie its own shoelaces :) However, we do want to move the lifecycle along. Tomcat 6 is reputed to give a performance boost over Tomcat 5 and no doubt there are a raft of other reasons for the change. It concerns me that the suggestion has been around prior to 2.6, therefore to keep the momentum in the lifecycle we should make sure we do this by 2.8. I agree with Chucks point that we should have a nightly running  keeping the structures similar to Tomcat 5. I would then need a QA volunteer(s) to measure what gets broken and push back into Jira promptly,

Alan B.

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance