[Deploying Sakai] WebDAV

Brandon Davie brandondavie at mckeelacademy.com
Tue Jun 29 12:56:28 PDT 2010

Hello,

We are attempting to get WebDAV working with Tomcat 5.5.29 and Sakai 2.7.0
(first time setup, complete newbie). When I connect and attempt to copy over
a file using OS X 10.6, I get the following error:

The Finder can¹t complete the operation because some data in ³FileName.doc²
can¹t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

They file is created, and shows up online in Resources, but none of it is
transferred (0 bytes). I can delete the files and create & delete folders
without problems.

Any idea? I went into the /webapps/webdav/WEB-INF/web.xml file and
uncommented the readonly (false) param and restarted Tomcat to no avail.

The server is sitting behind a tight firewall ‹ is there another port I need
to open up besides 80?

Thanks!

Brandon Davie
Programmer