[Deploying Sakai] Official ID photos

Paul Gibbs pgibbsjr at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:47:17 PST 2010

We have a unique URL on a separate server for each student's school ID photo. Where in the database do I store the official photo URL? I want a student to be able to toggle between his or her own photo URL and the official photo URL. I see the following fields in SAKAI_PERSON_T, but I'm not sure how they work together:

JPEG_PHOTOPICTURE_URLSYSTEM_PICTURE_PREFERRED
I don't want to physically upload JPEG photos in the database (which is, I suppose, the purpose of the JPEG_PHOTO blob field). But if I write the system picture URL in the PICTURE_URL field, it will be overwritten by a student's personalization, and then the student wouldn't be able to toggle back over to the official photo's URL.

Can someone please advise?

Paul Gibbs
Lansdale, Pennsylvania