[Deploying Sakai] Windows 7 issues

Bill Niebel wdn5e at virginia.edu
Wed Jan 20 12:48:51 PST 2010

Charles Hedrick <hedrick at ...> writes:

> I just replaced DAV with the 2.6.x version in my test system. It works with my
Windows 7 desktop. I didn't do extensive tests, but I did copies in both
directions, rename and delete. I did the same tests with the version of DAV from
trunk.

> In order to make it work, I needed to test via SSL with a proper SSL
certificate. (My test system uses a certificate that is signed by my own CA. I
imported the CA's cert into the trusted CA certs.)

> I believe a registry change would make it work without SSL. I don't know
whether there's any way to make it work with SSL that doesn't have a proper
certificate.

> On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Charles Hedrick wrote:
>

> There's a web site that tracks WebDAV bugs. Each new version of Windows brings
new bugs. However the latest SP of Vista, and Windows 7 final, should both be
usable. I just tried my copy of Windows 7 with our production 2.6, and it works
fine. I'm having trouble testing it on QA servers, because I need a server that
supports SSL with a real certificate in order to do a completely convincing
test. I don't believe Windows 7 will talk to a non-ssl server without a registry
change.

> It looks like I need to test both 2.6.x and trunk to make sure that the code
is what I thought it was.

> On Nov 6, 2009, at 6:28 PM, Nathan Finley wrote:
>

> All,
> We have several faculty who have already upgraded to Windows 7.  While I have
an instance of Windows 7, it’s not my every day machine at this point.  One
faculty member discovered that WebDAV in the Resources tool does not work
correctly with Windows 7.  I’m wondering if anyone has discovered other issues
with Windows 7 and Sakai.  Anyone have any suggested work arounds at this point?
> Thanks,
> Nathan
> ----------Nathan Finley
> Learning Management Systems AdministratorUniversity of the Pacific
> Office of Information Technology – Enterprise Applications
> Email: nfinley at pacific.eduPhone:
209.946.7669Blackboard Support
> Email: blackboard at pacific.eduPhone:
209.946.2147Sakai Support