[Deploying Sakai] [Using Sakai] Securing Exams for students

Newsome, Angie angie.newsome at ttuhsc.edu
Mon Dec 20 12:54:09 PST 2010

Luke,
Yes, that is the JIRA issue to which I am referring.  I see now that there has not been much done on this issue and it looks as though it never really got initiated.  I have not really looked into Samigo yet; however, if we go with Sakai, we will be looking at those types of options.  I'm not sure that we will have the time to devote to creating a home grown solution for testing.  So, that may not be an option for us.  We may decide to contract with LongSight to attach Respondus.  We have also entertained the idea of implementing something like QuestionMark for secure testing and analytics.  We are simply exploring options at this point and are interested in what works for your institutions.

Is there anyone out there that has used a plug-in/third party/module with Sakai to address concern of student cheating and test theft?

Thank you again for your time.

Angie