[Deploying Sakai] permently deleting resources

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 5 08:22:07 PST 2009

Ron Peterson wrote:

> On a related note, for one of these sites, the site
> administrator has already deleted the items from within Sakai.
> IIRC, deleting resources w/in Sakai does not delete the files
> on the filesystem.  Is that correct?  If so, I need to find
> the orphaned files, which I could do by finding all files that
> are not listed in the FILE_PATH column of the CONTENT_RESOURCE
> table.  Is that correct?

Unless you have applied the "undelete" work referenced in SAK-1525:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-1525

once you delete resources, they shouldn;t be on your file system.

Without the SAK-1525 patch, records are written to a
CONTENT_RESOURCE_DELETE table, but they are inaccurate and
shouldn't be relied on.

Seth