[Deploying Sakai] Update on New Jira/Confluence Servers

Knoop, Peter knoop at umich.edu
Thu May 21 08:54:56 PDT 2009

We are holding off on moving Jira and Confluence to new servers so as not to interfere with the Sakai 2.6.0 release process.  That release is now anticipated in early June, and we will likely schedule the move for a week or two after the release has been completed.  Shortly after the migration to the new servers is completed, we will also be upgrading Jira and Confluence to their latest released versions.

As mentioned previously, Jira will like be migrated within a matter of hours, whereas we may be without complete Confluence access for a couple of days.  The subsequent version upgrades should go much quicker for in both cases, and only take a few hours.

 If you haven't yet, please take a moment to try out the new Confluence server (http://208.83.222.212:8083/dashboard.action), which is currently populated with data from earlier this year, and let me know if you encounter anything unexpected.

Thanks.

-peter