[Deploying Sakai] Proxying through Apache

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Tue Jun 23 06:42:34 PDT 2009

Paul -

Yea this is what I do .. :-)

You basically will be running tomcat on local box and be connecting to
it via AJP .. I'm using both mod_jk and or mod_proxy (different
builds/systems) to do this.

Here is the wiki space that describes this and what to do..

"Configuring Apache to proxy connections to tomcat"

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Advanced+Tomcat++(and+Apache)+Configuration

I have tomcat startup and listen on 127.0.0.1 port 8109 and apache
redirects all requests to / to 127.0.0.1:8109 .. doing things this way
you can have apache handle ssl functions, (alot cleaner).

Hope that helps a bit..

------
thanks
  kevin.foote