[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Help needed with fresh local CM implementation to be

branden at uwindsor.ca branden at uwindsor.ca
Fri Jun 12 07:20:13 PDT 2009

I found the bootcamp (Marist College) was pretty interactive to the skills
of the attendees. Going in with limited Java and Eclipse experience, and
close to no Maven or Spring experience, I found it didn't take long to hit
the ground running on Sakai development. I think it's a great place to
start.

HTH,
Branden Visser
LMS Application Programmer - Information Systems Services
Information Technology Services
University of Windsor

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/lancaster.ac.uk/quartz-example/

> > cheers,
> > Steve
> >

> > On 10 Jun 2009, at 16:02, Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> It seems a member of the new Fellow generation is not as
knowledgeable
> >> as he thinks the others and predecessors are. :-(
> >>
> >> Be kind, this is the first time I'm trying to build something for
Sakai
> >> almost out of nothing.
> >>
> >> I've made a local CM implementation but I don't know how to get the
bean
> >> id I provide through the
> >> org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.CourseManagementService setting
> >> defined for Spring's FactoryBean.
> >>
> >> I've tried to make a spring bean file within my src directory,
> >> simplifying
> >> https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/ucb/ucb-integration-

samples/bspace-cm-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/bspaceCmImpl.xml

> >> but I don't know how to tell sakai to look for this file.
> >>
> >> I get the following error :
> >> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating
> >> bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.authz.api.GroupProvider':
FactoryBean
> >> threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
> >> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating
> >> bean with name

'org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.impl.provider.CourseManagementGroupProvider'

> >> defined in file
> >> [/home/leveque/sakai/apache-tomcat-5.5.27/components/sakai-
> provider-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]:
> >>
> >> Cannot create inner bean

'org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.impl.provider.CourseManagementGroupProvider#2264da'

> >> of type

[org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.impl.provider.CourseManagementGroupProvider]

> >> while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is
> >> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating
> >> bean with name

'org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.impl.provider.CourseManagementGroupProvider#2264da'

> >> defined in file
> >> [/home/leveque/sakai/apache-tomcat-5.5.27/components/sakai-
> provider-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]:
> >>
> >> Cannot resolve reference to bean
> >> 'org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.CourseManagementService' while
> >> setting bean property 'cmService'; nested exception is
> >> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating
> >> bean with name
> >> 'org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.CourseManagementService':
> >> FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
> >> org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No
bean
> >> named

'fr.upmc.sakai.coursemanagement.dummy.CourseManagementServiceUPMCDummyImpl'