[Deploying Sakai] Deployment of Sakai Small Organizations

Paul Gibbs pgibbsjr at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 18 06:04:17 PDT 2009

Paul,

>From my (extremely) limited experience, it may be better to run Sakai in Linux on a W2008 VM than to run it on Windows natively. It is hard to troubleshoot Sakai on Windows because the user base is overwhelmingly Linux-based. Also, for the uninitiated, the ability to rollback to a prior snapshot in Hyper-V or VMWare are extremely helpful in keeping you from shooting yourself in the foot when making changed!

I installed on VMWare ESXi. I am so relieved I went with a VM.

Regarding install---I have a set of instructions for installing on Debian. E-mail me privately if this is something that might help you (it's not ready for primetime yet). After running Moodle, I found the installation process absolutely infuriating.

Paul Gibbs
Registrar
Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary
Lansdale, Pennsylvania