[Deploying Sakai] Deployment of Sakai Small Organizations

Paul Ross Paul.Ross at bexleyschools.org
Fri Jul 17 14:24:56 PDT 2009

I am aware that one of the objectives of Sakai 3 is to improve the installation and maintenance process for staff not experience with Java.  The installation process for the current version has been a personal hurdle to overcome.  I would appreciate it if anyone can point me to a source document for a Windows Server 2003/2008 installation and lessons learned you might want to share?

In reference to deployment models, JumpBox.com (a provider of prepackage open source software) is planning to release a Sakai implementation in the near future, that I believe will increase the potential installation base. JumpBox makes use of a public voting system to determine which applications are selected for deployment, please vote at the URL shown below to elevate the count. (no login required)

http://jumpbox.uservoice.com

Furthermore I am interested in talking to anyone who is working in a K-12 District using Sakai.

Thanks

Paul Ross
Technology Director
Bexley City School District, Ohio