[Deploying Sakai] Deployment of Sakai Small Organizations

Dave Ross dave.ross at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 08:59:23 PDT 2009

I disagree with this assessment - sakai runs on a jvm - not an OS. We
run Sakai in production on windows and have zero issues to date (in
prod since 2005) that are related to the OS in any way.

I would venture to say that sun jvms are more solid on windows than
other os's  due to the breadth of deployment to that platform.

Install Tomcat as a service, set the jvm args in the tomcat5w.exe
dialog, drop in the Sakai binary release, and Sakai runs fine,
everytime.

-Dave

Sent from my mobile device