[Deploying Sakai] sakai and oracle

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Tue Apr 21 20:07:26 PDT 2009

Hi Dario,

Other people will give answers with more specifics about grants and
such.  I can tell you that it is definitely possible to run with a
user that has no ddl privileges.  I think most larger sakai instances
do not do much ddl from within the sakai code and have ddl turned off
for production.  It is easiest to use auto-ddl to create tables and
indexes, but that means collecting all the ddl scripts and running
them.  It is much easier to let sakai do that and then turn auto-ddl
off as you suggested.

Jim