[Portfolio] Changing OSP form name via database

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iu.edu
Fri Jun 13 05:46:42 PDT 2014

Try the metaobj_form_def table.  That’s where the form definitions are stored.

Chris

From: Christian Aziz <caziz at rutgers.edu<mailto:caziz at rutgers.edu>>
Date: Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM
To: "portfolio at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:portfolio at collab.sakaiproject.org>" <portfolio at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:portfolio at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
Subject: [Portfolio] Changing OSP form name via database

Hello portfolio folks,

I'm trying to change the name of an osp form (using the Forms tool) that is currently in use. After modifying the name in the text field and clicking 'Save changes', an error appears. The message reads "Validation errors exists. Read below for more detail." There is no detail below. Even without changing anything, an attempt to resave causes this error.

[cid:ii_hwck0kkj0_14691e4ec61bc695]
​

I know there are no validation errors because the schema is the same one that has been in use for a couple years. The person who created these forms is no longer working here and must have removed the account under which the form was created. Under the Owner column, there is "(User not found)" where a name would normally appear. I wonder if that might be the reason for a validation error.

The bottom line is I would like to be able to change the name of the form and was wondering if there was a way through the database. I scoured the osp_ tables but can't find one that clearly lists a form id along with its name. Thanks for any insights.

Thanks,
Chris

Christian V. Aziz
Project Manager - OIRT
Coadjutant Faculty - SC&I

101I Administrative Services Building Annex 1
56 Bevier Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 848-445-8732 | Fax: 732-445-5539
[https://mailfoogae.appspot.com/t?sender=aY2F6aXpAc2NhcmxldG1haWwucnV0Z2Vycy5lZHU%3D&type=zerocontent&guid=e823c2c5-5008-4f1f-90df-616ca6616d1c]ᐧ