[Portfolio] Today's Sakai Teaching and Learning Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Jan 22 07:36:19 PST 2014

Colleagues,

As a reminder, we will be holding our weekly Teaching and Learning Call
today from 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time.  Dial-in information and a link to our
Etherpad for note taking is at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Sakai+Teaching+and+Learning+Conference+Calls

My thanks to Yitna and others for helping facilitate the call last week
and apologies for not being able to be on the call.  As we discussed on
our first call of the New Year, there are informal plans to discuss future
priorities for Sakai at the up coming Apereo Camp event next week.  Thus,
I'd like to suggest that we continue the dialog that we started around
this topic as means to help identify some major areas of interest and
focus from this group.  I've reviewed the notes from the last call and see
a number of great suggestions as well as this re-occurring concept of
"disaggregating the LMS" (meaning, creating a "core LMS" that you can plug
"learning apps" into) that has come up on prior calls and conversations.
Although I think we should continue this general discussion, I'd be
interest in drilling down on the "disaggregating the LMS" concept with a
goal of trying to define what we think should be part of the "core" vs.
what would be "apps".  Understanding this seems important to me in terms
of then assessing what it might mean to realize such a vision.

OK, enough for now....see everyone later today.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College