[Portfolio] Lessons/Lesson Builder > Teaching and Learning Capability Review

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Mon Oct 7 10:11:53 PDT 2013

Colleagues,

As many may already know, the Sakai Teaching and Learning Group has been
developing plans for a new service we hope to provide to the larger
community which we're calling Teaching and Learning Capability Reviews.
These reviews, which we plan to do in close collaboration with the lead
tool developer(s) and the larger Sakai technical community, will be
designed to provide thoughts and ideas on future capability enhancements
and usability improvements.  You can see more about the process and what
we hope to produce at: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/QwzzB.

As an initial pilot, the group has been spending time discussing the
Lesson Builder or Lessons tool and interacting with Chuck Hedrick, one of
the lead tool developers at Rutgers University.   We are now working to
create a preliminary list of capability enhancement ideas which is the
first step in our review process and is intended to surface early thinking
and gather broad community input.  You can see what has been posted
already and add your own thoughts at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/xQvzB

We would like to encourage anyone who has ideas and input to post it to
the wiki page (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/xQvzB) or add your
thoughts to the comments.  Please add your content no later than
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 as following this date we will begin to review
and organize the feedback.

We are very interested in getting more people involved in this work so
please join us on our weekly calls on Wednesday from 4 - 5 PM Eastern (New
York) Time.  Conference call schedule and dial-in information is online
at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Sakai+Teaching+and+Learning+Conference+Calls
.

Thanks, Josh