[Portfolio] Evaluation Group Filter Question

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Wed Jan 4 10:04:20 PST 2012

Hi Dave,

What version of OSP are you running?  We don't have these problems here at
IU, but I recall the problem with the user counts not being correct at
some point in the past.

But here are a couple of general rules of thumb that apply to group
filtering in the Evaluations tool.

1.  Evaluators can only see submissions of group members if...
	A.  The evaluator is a member of the group
        or
        B.  The evaluator has the "can view all groups" permission.

2.  The names of all groups in the site will display in the Groups drop
down in the Evaluations tool, regardless of the evaluator's permissions or
group membership status.

So, if the evaluator filters on a group and gets 0 matches, it's probably
a group membership or permissions issue.  Also if some students are in
more than one group, and the evaluator is in one of those groups, those
students will show up when the evaluator filters on groups s/he is not a
member of.  So, it an appear as though the filter isn't working properly,
but in reality it's showing the subset of submissions that the evaluator
has permission to see.

Hope this helps,

Lynn

Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst
Instructional Technology Systems and Services
University Information Technology Services <http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 342J)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu