[Portfolio] First meeting of the combined T&L Lenses, Portfolio Visioning, and Teaching and Learning with OAE groups (Friday, Feb 17, 2012 11am EST)

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Mon Feb 13 09:55:07 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

The results from the Doodle are in, and unfortunately there was no single timeslot thatworked for everyone for a recurring meeting.  So, we chose a time that works for our facilitators and the largest number of participants—Fridays at 11am Eastern (10am Central, 9am Rocky Mountain, 8am Pacific).  I’m very sorry we couldn’t accommodate everyone with the meeting time. It’s difficult with so many people wanting to participate.

Our first meeting will be this Friday, February 17.  The agenda and the audio bridge information are provided below as well as in the “Teaching and Learning with OAE” group (https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/~teaching-and-learning-with-oae).

Agenda:

  *   Welcome and introductions
  *   Background and purpose
  *   Activities and logistics (synchronous and asynchronous participation)
  *   Introduction and orientation to Sakai Open Academic Environment
  *   Update on roadmap planning
  *    Questions and answers
  *   Next steps

Audio Bridge Info:

To connect via phone:  dial +1 812 856 7060; when prompted to "Enter the number you wish to dial," enter 225713#

Titan Pad Info (for taking meeting notes): http://titanpad.com/oae-notes

We will start out using the group mailing list for communication, so you’ll need to log in to OAE to send or reply to a message for the group.   If you want to participate and haven’t yet established an account on the Sakai OAE server, you’ll want to do that right away.  Simply go to https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/ and click the “Sign Up” link.  Then join the group named “Teaching and Learning with OAE.”

Finally, if you are interested in closely tracking the development of OAE, you may alsowant to consider subscribing to the moderated OAE User Reference Group mailing list (http://collab.sakaiproject.org/mailman/listinfo/oae-urg) and join their group space on the OAE server (https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/~oae-project-user-reference-group).

We hope to speak with many of you this Friday.

Best regards,

Lynn

PS
Apologies to those of you who received multiple copies of this message.  We will start using the group mailing list in our OAE group space immediately, but I thought it was important to send this first announcement out to established lists to make sure it reaches everyone who might be interested.

Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst
Instructional Technology Systems and Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 342J)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>