[Portfolio] Fwd: Please share --> AAEEBL 2012 Annual Conference Update
mzaldiva at vt.edu
Tue Apr 3 10:59:56 PDT 2012
Begin forwarded message:
From: Judy Williamson Batson <judybatson at me.com<mailto:judybatson at me.com>>
Date: April 3, 2012 1:05:29 PM EDT
To: Judy Williamson Batson <judybatson at me.com<mailto:judybatson at me.com>>
Subject: Please share --> AAEEBL 2012 Annual Conference Update
Reply-To: Judy Batson <judybatson at me.com<mailto:judybatson at me.com>>
10 Great Reasons to Attend the AAEEBL 2012 Annual Conference
Based on feedback from last year’s conference participants, here are some ideas about what you can expect to gain from joining AAEEBL in Boston, July 16-19 at the Boston Harbor Hotel and World Trade Center.
1. You’ll find a “strong focus on integrative learning” with emphasis on “frameworks for reflection.”
2. “Highlights were sessions on collaboration and reflection.”
3. “The conference and connections I made lifted my spirits and gave me new directions… onward and upward!”
4. Learn how to “get faculty to participate in eportfolio initiative” with “faculty development ideas.”
5. Find out “key things to look for in an eportfolio program.” (“We will now be able to fine-tune our eportfolio rollout.”)
6. “Great keynote speakers!”
7. “This conference was inspirational and helpful to me in practical ways.”
8. Stay up-to-date with “developing an eportfolio scholarly research agenda.”
9. “I can participate in a pilot of eportfolios in a more informed way.”
10. “Helpful focus on learning outcomes and assessment”
Also, we’ve been told that the AAEEBL Annual Conference is an essential conference to attend if you’re using eportfolios. It’s one of the best chances each year to gather with colleagues from around the world who use eportfolios and to share with and learn from each other. We’ve added new features to this year’s conference that will provide more opportunities for interactivity in session, for conversations and for networking.
The conference landing page<http://www.aaeebl.org/2012conference> is updated regularly as new information is available. Please check in often.
Register now to take advantage of early bird savings<https://1105registration.com/AAEEBL/2012/registration/>.
See you in Boston!
Contact: JudyBatson at me.com<mailto:JudyBatson at me.com>
Marc Zaldivar, Ph.D.
Director, ePortfolio Initiatives
2210 Torgersen Hall
Blacksburg, VA 24061
marcz at vt.edu<mailto:marcz at vt.edu>
More information about the portfolio