[Portfolio] [Using Sakai] Wednesday's Monthly Teaching and Learning Call

Daphne Ogle daphne at media.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 8 16:07:56 PST 2010

Apologies for the spam but I figure there may be others that need a
reminder about T & L call logistics.

Are the "whole group" meetings every 2nd Wednesday of the month?  Then
I think the smaller working groups have their own schedules but most
(if not all) don't meet the same week as this meeting (they meet all
other weeks of the month).  Somehow my calendar got off synch so want
to make sure I have this right.

Btw -- the dial in information was left out of the previous message.

Thanks, Daphne

On Nov 8, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Josh Baron wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> We will holding our monthly "whole group" Teaching and Learning
> Sakai Group call this Wednesday (11/10/2010) from 5 PM - 6 PM EST
> [**NOTE** > The United States has adjust our clocks for Daylight
> Savings Time as of 11/7/2010).  Dial-in information is below.
>
> Since we did not have time to do so last month, we would like to
> begin the call with an update on the electronic portfolio
> "visioning" work that has been underway for the past few months.
> Janice Smith and others who have been involved will give a 5-10
> minute update which will lead into a brief Q&A session.  You can
> review some of the "visioning" work that has been going on to date
> at: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Portfolio+Visioning+for+Sakai+3.0
> .
>
> I'd suggest that we use the rest of the time to share brief updates
> from each sub-group and discuss plans for our next "Quarterly
> Community Update" that is scheduled for December 9, 2010 at 5 PM
> EST.   In the interest of time, group representatives should try and
> identify 2-3 items to share from the last month's work but to plan
> to save 15 minutes at the end of the call to talk about the
> quarterly update.
>
> Last, I'd like to check in on a logistically note.  Last month I
> suggested we consider making this monthly call 1.5 hours to give us
> a little more time to present and talk.  I'd like to get feedback
> from folks on how much interest there might be in this change.
>
> Thanks, Josh

>  with a subject of "unsubscribe"

Daphne Ogle
Senior Interaction Designer