[Portfolio] Wednesday's Monthly Teaching and Learning Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Mon Nov 8 14:54:19 PST 2010

Greetings!

We will holding our monthly "whole group" Teaching and Learning Sakai
Group call this Wednesday (11/10/2010) from 5 PM - 6 PM EST  [**NOTE** >
The United States has adjust our clocks for Daylight Savings Time as of
11/7/2010).  Dial-in information is below.

Since we did not have time to do so last month, we would like to begin the
call with an update on the electronic portfolio "visioning" work that has
been underway for the past few months.  Janice Smith and others who have
been involved will give a 5-10 minute update which will lead into a brief
Q&A session.  You can review some of the "visioning" work that has been
going on to date at:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Portfolio+Visioning+for+Sakai+3.0
.

I'd suggest that we use the rest of the time to share brief updates from
each sub-group and discuss plans for our next "Quarterly Community Update"
that is scheduled for December 9, 2010 at 5 PM EST.   In the interest of
time, group representatives should try and identify 2-3 items to share
from the last month's work but to plan to save 15 minutes at the end of
the call to talk about the quarterly update.

Last, I'd like to check in on a logistically note.  Last month I suggested
we consider making this monthly call 1.5 hours to give us a little more
time to present and talk.  I'd like to get feedback from folks on how much
interest there might be in this change.

Thanks, Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer