[Portfolio] performance

Wheeler, Bradley C bwheeler at indiana.edu
Tue May 18 09:00:26 PDT 2010

I've not commented on this list for quite some time, but I have continued to track the OSP progress and conversations on this list.

I continue to participate in faculty and academic conversations where curricular aspiration needs tools like OSP that span courses, years, and degree tracks, yet the very complexity of doing that as a multi-purpose tool is quite challenging (as we all know).  To my knowledge, as a community, we still have a very modest base of investment going into specific OSP work relative to efforts that improve Sakai 2.x in general and Sakai 3.

Charles...and others...is our pace on things like OSP performance and functionality mostly a resource gap?  A skills gap in sufficient levels of the right skills on the project?  A functional requirements gap in clarity of what needs to be done next?

Perhaps it is time for a renewed conversation of these on this list, and I'll be the first to apologize if I'm just behind on not knowing the status of all of this.

Cheers - Brad
IU Vice President for IT & CIO, Dean, and Professor
Indiana University, http://ovpit.iu.edu