[Portfolio] Information for Today's Virtual Working Session

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu May 6 08:24:20 PDT 2010

Folks,

Apologies for not getting this out sooner.

For those participating in the Teaching and Learning Virtual Working
Session, I am including NEW dial-in information below.  As per our
discussions, please note that I am asking everyone to use the TOLL number
for today given the length of time we will be on the phone and the charges
Marist would incur if we used the usual toll-free number.

I also wanted to update folks a bit from our weekly call yesterday during
which we discussed the plans for today and tomorrow.

First, we've moved the 7 Learning Design Lenses and related Facets to a
new Google Doc Spreadsheet as means to allow us to make final edits and
revert back to other version without altering what is in the original
document.  The new Spreadsheet is located at:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjIoMUKqszF_dDBvdFV0bFUyZUdvV3RkQWlYeHE5dWc&hl=en#gid=0

Second, we spent time reviewing all 7 Lenses and documenting the work that
needs to be done to finish them up.  Notes on this review are on
Confluence (
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/05-06-10+Virtual+Working+Session
).  From that review, we identified the "Content Creation and Use" and
"Learning Activities" Lenses as being the two that need the most work.
Since these are interrelated Lenses, we thought it would make sense to
start with these today.  We hope to work on others but will see where we
are time wise when we are done with these two.

Talk with everyone in about a half hour.

Josh

DIAL-IN INFORMATION
    * Dial 1-719-387-1138
    * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
    * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
    * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron