[Portfolio] Matrix preview behavior

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Fri Jan 22 06:19:30 PST 2010

In the past (<= 2.6) an OSP could be put into a "preview" mode. That
would allow a CIG coordinator to allow a pilot group of students and
faculty evaluators to "use" the matrix, while still allowing the
matrix author to make some changes. Once the "preview" phase was done
the coordinator could "publish" the matrix, which would wipe out the
student and faculty "preview" data and further restrict the
coordinator's ability to tweak.

On 2.7 QA instance (http://qa3-us.sakaiproject.org:8086/portal) , this
behavior is different. Placing a matrix in a preview mode doesn't
allow a participant to "use" it.
We discussed this before on SAK-15540.
>From that ticket I see that we desired the 2.5.x functionality to be
the default behavior (all can view preview matrices).

Before I reopen that issue, I want to make sure I am not
misinterpreting anything or that the property settings on that QA
instance is giving me something other than default behavior.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, New York 13104 USA
315-663-7756