[Portfolio] AAC&U Essential Learning Outcomes and VALUE Rubrics in Sakai

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Wed Jan 20 07:46:41 PST 2010

Pardon the extra spam. I mentioned this in another thread, but figured it
would be worth repeating.

Janice Smith and I have implemented what we hope is a very literal
interpretation of the AAC&U Essential Learning Outcomes and VALUE rubrics as
an ePortfolio matrix and set of evaluation forms. We'd love to hear what
others think about these outcomes and rubrics and how we have implemented
them.

We put an initial release up on openedpractices as a "practice":
http://openedpractices.org/practice/assessing-student-learning-using-aacu-value-rubrics

...and as a download-able package:
http://openedpractices.org/resource/aacu-essential-learning-outcomes-matrix-and-value-rubrics

It takes about 2 minutes to get, import and publish the matrix, forms
and glossary to try it out.

Or....if you don't have 2 minutes and you want to do some QA   ;)  ....
...it's up on http://qa3-us.sakaiproject.org:8086/portal

Login as aacucoord/aacucoord or aacustudent/aacustudent to check it out.

All feedback is welcome...particularly on the rubric forms.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, New York 13104 USA
315-663-7756