[Portfolio] iRubric for Sakai

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Wed Jan 20 07:06:17 PST 2010

Amen to that.

It's really messed up that we would ever have rubrics tools "over
here" and some others "over there".
Ramesh Sabetiashraf left a comment on my blog where he introduced me
to his good work...it was the first I heard of it.

It would be wonderful if a capability for integrating rubric creation,
sharing and enforcing rubrics was available in community Sakai. If we
all agreed that assessment of ePortfolios should also happen in the
gradebook (and why not?), I suppose that integration would be great.
Reporting would be simple, since it is likely stored as data in tables
(go figure!) and would be easily accessed with SQL.

That being said, I think that the stuff Jan and I built isn't too
shabby. Given the existing schema and renderer, making rubric forms
really wouldn't be too tough (qualified for the OSP scale of
"toughness" ;).

We finally put an inital release up on openedpractices as a "practice":
http://openedpractices.org/practice/assessing-student-learning-using-aacu-value-rubrics

...and as a downloadable package:
http://openedpractices.org/resource/aacu-essential-learning-outcomes-matrix-and-value-rubrics

It takes about 2 minutes to get, import and publish the matrix, forms
and glossary to try it out.

Or....if you don't have 2 minutes and you want to do some QA   ;)  ....
...it's up on http://qa3-us.sakaiproject.org:8086/portal

Login as aacucoord/aacucoord or aacustudent/aacustudent to check it out.

All feedback is welcome...particularly on the rubric forms.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, New York 13104 USA
315-663-7756