[Portfolio] Portfolio Duplication feature (SAK-17351)

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Mon Apr 5 14:11:58 PDT 2010

Hello,

Last week, we reached an informal agreement to move forward on the portfolio duplication feature. I write today to propose a formal next step.

As a recap, the feature has been documented [1][2], implemented, and the concerns raised during live demo on our call have been addressed. We have encountered trouble in evaluating the functionality on a community server due to various logistics, so...

Although it's a departure from our typical process, I suggest that we open a 72-hour window for objections to this feature as implemented. If we don't hear dissent, it would be merged to trunk for further vetting on a nightly server and discussion on next Monday's call.

Thanks,
-Noah

[1] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Duplicating+portfolios
[2] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17351