[Portfolio] CHANGE > Today's Sakai Teaching and Learning Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Oct 14 05:42:43 PDT 2009

Folks,

I've had a last minute change with a doctor's appointment today and am
unsure if I'll be able to join the call at 12 Noon EDT.  I've arranged for
someone from my office to start up the call as usual so that folks can
continue our discussions if desired (although someone else would need to
pick up the facilitator role I've been playing).  I'll jump on if I can.

Since I may miss the call I wanted to share some updates:

(1)  I've connected with Clay Fenlason, the new Product Manager, and John
Norman, and have shared our two proposals with them.  I'm hoping that one
or both can join us next week on our call to provide input and to talk
about how our efforts might be incorporated into the work of the Product
Council and development activities.

(2) I've created a new link off the main Teaching and Learning Confluence
page to create a place to start working on a Sakai Instructional
Technology Trends Report.  I've linked out to several existing reports and
posted one trend that I thought was interesting.  Please feel free to
contribute by going directly to
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Sakai+Instructional+Technology+Trend+Report

(3) I've posted minutes from our last call to our Confluence page.

(4) EDUCAUSE Teaching and Learning MEET UP - I'm not sure how many folks
are attending EDUCAUSE this year but I thought it might be nice to have an
informal meet up with anyone who has been interested in our current
discussions or just teaching, learning and assessment topics in general.
There is an Open Source Community reception on 11/4/09 (all are invited)
and I thought it might work well to just meet up there and go out for
drinks/food some place...any takers?

My apologies for the last minute change in plans.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron