[Portfolio] Sakai 3-ish discussion

Nancy O'Laughlin nolaug at UDel.Edu
Mon Mar 16 11:28:58 PDT 2009

I talked to Mathieu a little this afternoon. There are actually four
groups that meet. There is our OSP group, the Sakai UX group (Sakai3),
the T&L (Teaching and Learning) group and an End User Group (which is
documentation and support). It is the End User Group and the T&L group
that try to get together once a month for a joint meeting. He gave Robin
Hill's name as someone that is interested in both groups and acts as a
contact between the groups. As Noah mentioned the UX group is busy
getting ready for their upcoming release for Cambridge/GeorgiaTech so
they have not met with the T&L group other than for a demo that Peter
gave to the group. The primary topics in the T&L group have been the
Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award, the upcoming conference in Boston
and "Potential Vignette Use Case" and now a new Requirements process.
For more information on the T&L group Mathieu keeps this site up to
date:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19808.
It seems the focus is primarily course/project related but it is hard to
know if that is because no one involved in portfolios is active in this
group. Probably the best thing to do is to get someone that is
interested in both to sit in on their weekly conference calls and report
back to our group or perhaps we should suggest a joint meeting with them
to see how the two groups might interface with each other. For those
that don't know they meet on Wednesdays at 11:30 - similar process as ours.
Nancy