[Portfolio] Matrix deletion

Marc Zaldivar mzaldiva at exchange.vt.edu
Fri Jun 12 07:47:59 PDT 2009

Sean (and others),

Thanks for the response.  I had a feeling that labor was the answer, but
this is amazing to me.  None of the backup/archive/restore procedures work
for the OSP tools.  We can archive a course and restore it, but none of the
portfolios are brought with it.  We can recreate a matrix, but none of the
links to user submissions are recreated.

As you say, though this may not be too frequent, the consequences are dire
on any site with size.  In this case, we had 130 folks in the site.  This
was the case of the user not realizing the power she had been given, as well
as not reading the glaring warnings of the impact of that delete button.
But, user error will always be there.  I'd feel better if I knew our system
backups were going to actually back us up!

I've been searching through the Sakai jiras, but I don't see one filed for
improving the archives to include OSP -- am I missing this or should I file
one?

Marc