[Portfolio] Volunteer to Update OSP Help for Sakai 2.6

janice.smith janice.smith at threecanoes.com
Thu Jun 11 07:53:07 PDT 2009

Hello OSP Community

We need your help updating Help for OSP tools in Sakai 2.6. Contributing to this process is a good way to update your own knowledge about the current functionality of OSP. Please visit the Sakai Confluence page entitled OSP 2.6 Help Volunteer Sign-up at http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/OSP/OSP+2.6+Help+Volunteer+Sign-up (also linked from the OSP Meetings page) and consider signing up to revise one or more sections of OSP Help for version 2.6.

The previous version of Help for each OSP tool has been loaded onto this site, tool by tool. Your task, should you accept it, is to do the following:
Sgn up on the page for revising Help for one or more tools.
Capture the current help content for that tool (supplied on the page).
Access a current instance of Sakai 2.6 for testing (a good place to go are the various test instances of Sakai available through the Test Instances page on Sakai Confluence).
Explore the current functionality of the tool.
Revise the Help content as needed.
Paste your new version into the page provided for it.
Indicate on the page that your work is complete.
Once we are done with editing Help for each tool, we will organize reviewers to double check our work, so please don't be nervous about signing up for the first round of edting.

We hope to get this work done together by sometime in the fall. You can make a difference! Please volunteer!

Janice

Janice A. Smith, Ph.D.
2009 Sakai Foundation Fellow
Three Canoes Education Consultant