[Portfolio] Anybody using OSP for evaluating a departmentalprogram?

Debbie Boisvert dboisvert at sau53.org
Thu Aug 27 09:54:52 PDT 2009

I would agree with Sean, this would be powerful. I have had a number of occasions in which it would be helpful if multiple people could contribute to the same matrix and even connect it to the same portfolio piece.

Earlier this year we tried to use it for a grant evaluation and have different users contribute different pieces. Our plan was to set it up so that we could use the portfolio for the final evaluation.

Deb

--
Debbie Boisvert
603-463-7422 ext 522

The information transmitted is the property of SAU #53 and is intended only for the person, persons, or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

>>> Sean Keesler <sean.keesler at threecanoes.com> 8/27/2009 12:39 PM >>>
It would be powerful to be able to designate a user or group the ability to use individual matrix cells, in much the same way that you can designate evaluators and reviewers. This would allow for a bunch of interesting collaborative workflows that might meet your needs.

As it stands now, I can only think of a couple ways to accomplish something like that:

Scenario 1:
- create groups in the site and give group permissions to folders (maybe one folder per matrix cell?) in resources that would allow the collaborators to add, edit, copy materials (collaborate!)
- Have a user (maybe a different role) of the site proof, select and assemble materials from the site resources folders using the matrix
- using reviewer functionality to allow all other users to be able to view, but not change, the material assembled in matrix cells.

Scenario 2 (I shudder to suggest):
- a shared, fictitious login for the group...everyone logs in with it and can "share" the matrix.

I'd vote for #1.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, New York 13104 USA

[...]