[Portfolio] Anybody using OSP for evaluating a departmental program?

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Thu Aug 27 09:39:22 PDT 2009

It would be powerful to be able to designate a user or group the ability to
use individual matrix cells, in much the same way that you can designate
evaluators and reviewers. This would allow for a bunch of interesting
collaborative workflows that might meet your needs.

As it stands now, I can only think of a couple ways to accomplish something
like that:

Scenario 1:
 - create groups in  the site and give group permissions to folders (maybe
one folder per matrix cell?) in resources that would allow the collaborators
to add, edit, copy materials (collaborate!)
  - Have a user (maybe a different role) of the site proof, select and
assemble materials from the site resources folders using the matrix
  - using reviewer functionality to allow all other users to be able to
view, but not change, the material assembled in matrix cells.

Scenario 2 (I shudder to suggest):
 - a shared, fictitious login for the group...everyone logs in with it and
can "share" the matrix.

I'd vote for #1.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street