[Portfolio] question about default names for saved participant and item-specific feedback forms

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Wed Apr 8 14:27:53 PDT 2009

Hi all:

Kristol Hancock is working on a minor redesign of the evidence area of the matrix cell to reduce the clutter, and in particular, to ensure that sufficient contextual information is provided for linked items submitted via tools in other sites.  One of the design challenges that has arisen is the length of saved participant and feedback form names when the default name is accepted.  The long form name eats up horizontal screen real estate, forcing the remaining columns too far to the right. Would anyone object to our shortening the default names assigned to these forms by dropping the scaffolding and page/cell title prefix from the name; for example, instead of "PUL Matrix-Row: Core Skills: Analytical Reasoning; Column: Beginning -Feedback (2)" , the shortened default name would be based on the original form name only, i.e., "Feedback(2)" ?

Needless to say, if we were to go this route, we'd still need to accommodate existing saved forms with long names, but the page may not render as elegantly as with shorter ones.

As soon as we have a design to share, I will create a fill out a feature template and send out a notification.

In the meantime, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on this issue.

Lynn

Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst, Community Source Collaboration and Learning
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 218S)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>