[Portfolio] Sakai 2.6.x Portfolio Proposed Change

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Mon Apr 6 14:59:53 PDT 2009

We currently have several reported issues with the 2.6.x Portfolio
"Add/Edit Content Page":

These bugs refer to the fact that any actions from the Add/Edit
Content page (e.g. preview, edit selected form) lose any interim,
unsaved changes:
    http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15919
    http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-16002

These bugs refer to confusion as to the function of the Save/Undo
buttons:
    http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15569
    http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15735

On today's call, we discussed removing the Save/Undo buttons, and
making all changes immediate (which is consistent with the "Summary"
page, though not with the "Share with Others" page). This would
simplify the interface and resolve the above issues. However, it does
remove the ability to "cancel/undo" a set of changes on this page, and
moves responsibility for undo actions to the user.

Barring objections, we'd like to make this change for Sakai 2.6.x.
Given the close timeframe, please send your comments/questions either
to me or this list by the end of day Wednesday.

Thanks!
- Beth