[DG: Teaching & Learning] Migration strategy - Old LMS support

Plourde, Mathieu mathieu at udel.edu
Fri Mar 20 12:51:55 PDT 2009

Dear Sakaigers,

Our U. of Delaware license of WebCT 4.1 will expire in a year. We have been using Sakai in full production since the 2008 Fall semester. The WebCT archive files cannot be opened without a server running the software, so after June 2010, it's pretty much over. Some users might need to access that data later for multiple reasons, including tenure or performance reviews.

What are your institutional policies or plans to archive and retrieve information stored in a proprietary LMS? If you are a WebCT 4.1 user, let me know.

Best Regards,

=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Instructional Designer