[DG: Open Forum] Open Source "App Store" or "App Catalog" Software

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Apr 12 17:43:51 PDT 2010

I have a weird problem.  I need to create an application registry that will create users, let them enter data about applications like title, url for download, contact information, etc.   The I want things like ratings and download counts - like my own "app store".

I am wondering if there is open source code that does this?   Is there a WordPress plugin for this?  Should I use Drupal - if so, what plugins do I want?   How about Joomla?

I don't want a "Source forge" - I don'e want bug tracking, source management, project management, and all that.  I just want a referatory and a place for folks to do ratings.

Here is the weirdest thing - Google is useless in looking for such software - type "open source app store software" and you get millions of hits that actually pertain to getting such software to make my *own* app store.   Aargh!

So I am using the old fashioned search engine - smart people.

Thanks in advance.

/Chuck