[DG: Open Forum] Next Generation Teaching and Learning Symposium – April 17, 2010 – UC Berkeley

csev csev at umich.edu
Thu Apr 1 13:27:41 PDT 2010

I just want to invite everyone and encourage everyone to come to the Next Generation Teaching and Learning Symposium coming up Saturday April 17, 2010.

http://ngtl.ischool.berkeley.edu/events/2010symposium

There is no charge for folks coming from far away and a nominal change for folks who don’t have to travel. Light meals are included. See the registration page for details.

I will be at the NGTL Symposium and be on a panel discussion Tools and Technological Models.

The list of speakers is indeed impressive. I personally think that it would be worth attending if the only person talking were Howard Rheingold. Howard is a professor in the UC Berkeley School of Information and all-around “try-anything-and-everything” when it comes to teaching kind of guy. He will be giving the opening keynote titled “Participatory Media for Education” and then it will be an action-packed day from then on.

http://ngtl.ischool.berkeley.edu/events/2010symposium/program

I hope to see a few folks from the Sakai community there.

/Chuck