[WG: I18N & L10N] Mexican Spanish issue

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jul 10 13:29:39 PDT 2014

Yeah, that's what would happen. I guess I never paid attention to the lack
of an _fr base. I think we'd want to pick one of them (whichever is more
complete) as the base, and the either the _FR or _CA would be the variants.
Likely the _CA represents Quebec French?

Spanish was more noticeable since we only had an _es in 2.9.x and it was
removed which broke the Colombian and Mexican variants completely. Where it
looks like 2.9.x has both a partially complete fr_FR and fr_CA. (And there
are a lot more Spanish java locales than French)

Maybe Jean-Francois or whoever is managing the French translations has some
additional insight.