[WG: I18N & L10N] Single quotes issue with crowdin

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Tue Apr 1 02:01:09 PDT 2014

Hi all,

The solution I've found in French is to stop using single quote when
this happens. I also try not to use double quote. The French translation
team members, myself included, sometimes forget.

When an apostrophe is needed, I use U+2019.

When I have to do quoting, I do it the French way with U+00AB and
U+00BB. According to the French wikipedia page on the subject
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillemet, they also are preferred in Spanish.

Hope this helps.

Asking Crowdin support is also a good idea.

J-F