[WG: I18N & L10N] what do you think realize some tests before to do a choice ?

Yuji Tokiwa tokiwa at yujitokiwa.jp
Mon Sep 16 20:54:10 PDT 2013

Dear all,

Ja Sakai (Japanese Sakai community) has begun using Transifix as a Ja
Sakai community project this April.
At the previous Open Apereo Conference held at San Diego, we
demonstrated the Transifex and explained our project plan briefly to
Jean-Francois  who leads this working group.

As you know Sakai CLE has 80k words, the service plans formally
offered by Transifex corp. don't fit our activity in terms of
scalability and cost.
So we talked with Transifex staffs by Skype and asked the customized
service plan for community translation.
Now we have contracted with using 600k words Transifex this August and
are trying to translate Sakai-2.9.x in Japanese.
We are planning to report the outcome of this project at the next Open
Apereo Conference 2014 at Florida.

Up to date, Transifex works well as expected.

Best wishes,
-----
Yuji Tokiwa
Chair of Ja Sakai Community
Research Center for Computing and Multimedia Studies, Hosei University, Japan
Tel: +81-42-387-6070  Mail: yuji.tokiwa.dc at hosei.ac.jp