[WG: I18N & L10N] [cle-release-team] Proposal: Remove "es" translation

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco.sakai at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 05:09:21 PST 2013

Hi JF

As far as I know,  S2U is mantaining es_ES translation. We can do "es" to
be the same as "es_ES"   .... this is easy, in this way all the other es_XX
can have a full translation.

About es_MX I know the person that is working on Crowdin translating it,
it´s Rafael Morales (rmorales at suv.udg.mx) you can ask him if he is the
manager or if there are other managers... or as I imagine... these managers
in the list are not updated.

Saludos JF!!!!

2013/11/28 Jean-Francois Leveque <jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr>

> I get errors when writing to es_MX maintainers found in
>
> http://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn/reference/trunk/docs/readme_i18n.txt?view=markup
>
> Is es_MX unmaintained or are contacts missing?
>
> Because their locale status is unknown, I haven't tried the contacts for
> es_AR and es_CL.
>
> Does S2U have active locale maintaining contacts in Spanish-speaking
> Latin America?
>
> Does U Red have active locale maintaining contacts in Spanish-speaking
> Latin America?
>
> Cheers,
>
> J-F
>
> On 28/11/2013 13:07, Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
> > On 28/11/2013 10:25, Miguel Carro Pellicer wrote:
> >> Hi, recently i committed the new spanish translation exported from
> >> crowdin, and i renamed all the files putting es_ES as a locale (To be
> >> different than es and es_MX).
> >>
> >> The locale "es" will not be mantained anymore, so my proposal is to
> >> remove that files to do not create confusion.
> >>
> >> If there are complaints about this, please let me know.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your attention, Miguel.
> >
> > Hi Miguel,
> >
> > Are the maintainers of es_MX relying on the content of es?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Francois Leveque
> > Sakai i18n/L10n coordinator
> > University Pierre and Marie Curie
> > France

*Diego del Blanco Orobitg*
Spain & LATAM Regional Manager (*ANI Sakai*)
Apereo LATAM Representative (*Apereo Foundation*)

P: (+34) 653 683 489
E: ddelblanco at anisakai.com
Sk: ddelblanco.ani