[WG: I18N & L10N] Accessibility help documentation being changed

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Tue Mar 26 03:29:54 PDT 2013

Thank you all for your contributions!

On 25/03/2013 21:23, Neal Caidin wrote:
> Thanks Beth!
>
> So, how do proposals work for Accessibility and Internationalization
> groups? Is it similar to the TCC process or does each group have their own?
>
> Proposal to a11y and i18n/l10n groups:
>
> 1) The a11y group will maintain a wiki page on
> confluence.sakaiproject.org <http://confluence.sakaiproject.org> that
> will serve as a portal for all accessibility information and related
> translations. It will have a link to the Sakai 2.9 accessibility
> documentation, a set of links to 2.9 Help translations, a link to 2.8
> accessibility information and a set of links to the 2.8 Help
> translations. It will also contain the Sakai Accessibility Statement and
> Accessibility support contact information, which should be included on
> all the translation wiki pages.

I think the a11y group should also maintain the accessibility help
translation documentation, whether it's hosted on the i18n/L10n or a11y
WG pages.

I don't think translation links should be separate from the default
locale link.

> 2) Major releases will have their own wiki page, which will be linked
> from the main or "portal" page. As per TCC policy, only the two most
> recent major releases will be supported and documentation maintained.

I think the online help for the release could point directly to the
accessibility help page of that release for the default locale or the
user locale if it's available. So each page for a version and locale
combination should be separate.

> 3) The assumption is that it should be rare for point releases to
> require updates to Accessibility Help documentation, but in this case
> the Accessibility group will indicate the change and notify the
> Internationalization group through the i18n at collab.sakaiproject.org
> <mailto:i18n at collab.sakaiproject.org> email group.

Confluence has notifications we could use.

> 4) Translations will be maintained as child pages underneath the release
> to which they relate, that is 2.9 translations will exist as child pages
> underneath the 2.9 English Accessibility Help translation. 2.8
> translations will be maintained underneath the 2.8 English Accessibility
> Help.

I don't think the translation should be more underneath than the default
language, as I've written answering #2.

> For a description of the TCC "lazy consensus" process see -
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+Governance
>
> Please if the chair from each group could let me know the best way to
> get a decision made, please let me know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neal Caidin
>
> Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
> nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org <mailto:nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org>
> Skype: nealkdin
> AIM: ncaidin at aol.com <mailto:ncaidin at aol.com>

AFAICT about i18n WG we don't have much more than lazy consensus with
potential veto from TCC.

I think the i18n WG should have some internal process, but we shouldn't
wait for it to be available.

Cheers,

J-F