[WG: I18N & L10N] Accessibility help documentation being changed

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Mon Mar 25 13:23:12 PDT 2013

Thanks Beth!

So, how do proposals work for Accessibility and Internationalization groups? Is it similar to the TCC process or does each group have their own?

Proposal to a11y and i18n/l10n groups:

1) The a11y group will maintain a wiki page on confluence.sakaiproject.org that will serve as a portal for all accessibility information and related translations. It will have a link to the Sakai 2.9 accessibility documentation, a set of links to 2.9 Help translations, a link to 2.8 accessibility information and a set of links to the 2.8 Help translations. It will also contain the Sakai Accessibility Statement and Accessibility support contact information, which should be included on all the translation wiki pages.

2) Major releases will have their own wiki page, which will be linked from the main or "portal" page. As per TCC policy, only the two most recent major releases will be supported and documentation maintained.

3) The assumption is that it should be rare for point releases to require updates to Accessibility Help documentation, but in this case the Accessibility group will indicate the change and notify the Internationalization group through the i18n at collab.sakaiproject.org email group.

4) Translations will be maintained as child pages underneath the release to which they relate, that is 2.9 translations will exist as child pages underneath the 2.9 English Accessibility Help translation. 2.8 translations will be maintained underneath the 2.8 English Accessibility Help.

For a description of the TCC "lazy consensus" process see - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/TCC+Governance

Please if the chair from each group could let me know the best way to get a decision made, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org