[WG: I18N & L10N] Internationalization Workgroup

Shoji Kajita kajita at nagoya-u.jp
Wed Mar 6 04:35:16 PST 2013

Hi Jean-Francois,

At Tue, 05 Mar 2013 17:22:23 +0100,
Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
> Yesterday I've submitted for 2013 Apereo conference both a Sakai CLE
> i18n presentation and an Apereo i18n BoF. I know how to reach CLE and
> OAE people involved in i18n. I already have a few contacts with other
> people involved in Apereo i18n, but help is welcome.

Benn Oshrin and I have proposed the following session for Apereio I18n:

"Looking Back and Looking Forward: Twenty Years of
Internationalization of Apereo Projects"

This panel session will envision the future of internationalization
(I18n) of the Apereo Projects, in the context of the work accomplished
over the last decade as Jasig and Sakai. To date, I18n activities have
not been well coordinated across the Jasig and Sakai projects, and as
a result it is harder for each project to leverage the best practices
developed by the others.  The merger of the Jasig and Sakai
communities provides an opportunity to consolidate I18n resources and
best practices into a common community of practice for cost-effective
activities that promote the international adoption of Apereo
software. This panel will invite representatives from various Jasig
and Sakai projects to discuss the current state of I18n, and what
needs to be done to construct a common I18n foundation for the Apereo
Community.

I definitely believe that we should ask you to join the panelist as the representative of Sakai CLE I18n.

Or should we discuss to consolidate our proposals into one or two?

Please let me know,
よろしくお願いします.
Shoji