[WG: I18N & L10N] Sakai CLE 2.9.2-rc01 : Ready for QA testing

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Mon Apr 22 03:23:34 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Testing BEGINS
--------------------------
We are now ready to begin testing, several weeks later than originally we thought. But, the result is a release with about 140 fixes, an improved security infrastructure, several performance fixes, security fixes, translations, accessibility fixes and more.

The Test Plan is at https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.9+Test+Fest

Please consider helping. The more "eyeballs" we have review the release, the higher quality it will be. There are several options for testing.

OPTIONS for Testing
------------------------------------
* Jira testing - testing issues that have been merged into the release. Validates the merge worked and no new regressions introduced.

* Deep Regression testing - we especially need testing of the CK Editor (akai Rich Text Editor), which is used throughout the Sakai CLE interface.

* Shallow Regression testing - less intensive scripts to test functional areas (usually tools).

* "Tester's Choice" - test anything you want, perhaps an area of Sakai CLE with which you are familiar or one which is important to your institution. Record your results. Report bugs in Jira.

Getting STARTED

* Review the Test Plan - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.9+Test+Fest -  and sign up on the Google doc - http://bit.ly/XobUTX

While I am happy to answer questions, my availability this week is more limited than usual. Please be patient and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org