[WG: I18N & L10N] localizedToolPropertiesBean, default tool properties and Internationalization Dashboard

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Wed Sep 30 01:22:51 PDT 2009

I would keep it untouched (commented out), leaving it as an option for
Institutions that want to override the default title and/or description for
some (or all) tools!
Nuno

2009/9/29 Beth Kirschner <bkirschn at umich.edu>

> The tools.properties file is commented out to avoid over-riding the
> tool title/description in the tool registration files (e.g.
> sakai.schedule.xml). If there is a consensus that we should instead
> consider tools.propeties as the defacto-default for tools, then these
> could be uncommented. When we had first localized these titles, there
> were objections to over-riding the tool registration files for
> English, believing it would lead to confusion. I have no objections --
> what do others think?
>
> - Beth
>
> On Sep 28, 2009, at 5:45 AM, Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
>
> > Hi Beth and all,
> >
> > I was wondering why all the properties in
> > /config/localization/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/
> > localization/bundle/tool/tools.properties
> > are commented out.
> >
> > I suppose the values come from elsewhere but this currently breaks
> > http://qa1-nl.sakaiproject.org/international/ (0% dark red) because it
> > sees no values to be translated.
> >
> > Could
> > /config/localization/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/
> > localization/bundle/tool/tools.properties
> > have its properties uncommented and the default values be set in
> > this file ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jean-François

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00