[WG: I18N & L10N] localizedToolPropertiesBean, default tool properties and Internationalization Dashboard

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Tue Sep 29 10:02:25 PDT 2009

The tools.properties file is commented out to avoid over-riding the
tool title/description in the tool registration files (e.g.
sakai.schedule.xml). If there is a consensus that we should instead
consider tools.propeties as the defacto-default for tools, then these
could be uncommented. When we had first localized these titles, there
were objections to over-riding the tool registration files for
English, believing it would lead to confusion. I have no objections --
what do others think?

- Beth