[WG: I18N & L10N] [sakai-kernel] Re: Sakai 3 I18n and L10n

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:47:49 PDT 2009

There are localisation packages for jQuery that allow you to use keys in
your Javascript and pull the values from a localised file of key/value
pairs, just like we do now in normal Sakai tools.

http://keith-wood.name/localisation.html#settings

YAFT is using this for its UI, ie:

yaft_home_label = 'Home';
yaft_forums_label = 'Forums';

cheers,
Steve

--
Steve Swinsburg
Systems Developer

T: +61 2 6125 6608
F: +61 2 6125 0449

CRICOS Provider # 00120C

Ian Boston wrote:
> On 28 Sep 2009, at 10:35, Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> I wouldn't mind having the Sakai 3 equivalent of
>> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/I18N/How+to+Translate
>> +Sakai.
>>

> Yes, that would be useful. From previous discussions localization of
> the UI has been an issue for the UI itself rather than backend and we
> have adopted a similar approach as used by OpenSocial in gadgets. I
> *think* there was some doc for this in the UX project area.
>
> The backend *should* be free of code that binds it to any one locale.
>
> Ian
>

>> I don't know where to go to localize Sakai 3.
>>
>> Jean-François
>>
>> Michael Korcuska a écrit :
>>
>>> [Apologies for cross-posting, replies should probably just go to i18n at collab-sakaiproject.org
>>>  and sakai-kernel at googlegroups.com]
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I'd like to draw your attention to some potential i18n work on Sakai
>>> 3. I think the code is now stable enough for some
>>> internationalization