[gradebook2-dev] Get UserId from grade submission module

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu Feb 24 08:31:27 PST 2011

Right so create an implementation of InstitutionalAdvisor, you might start
by extending SampleInstitutionalAdvisor and then override

	public void submitFinalGrade(List<Map<Column, String>>
studentDataList, String gradebookUid, HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) {

since you have the response there, you can redirect to whatever you want and
pass what ever you want in the redirect.  Then when the instructor hits
submit grades in the UI, this code would be called doing what you want, and
you won't have to modify any core gb2 core to do it.

To create a new impl you would need to create a new sakai component and wire
up your implementation using spring.  Then in sakai.properties set
InstitutionalAdvisor implementation like this:

advisor at org.sakaiproject.gradebook.gwt.sakai.Gradebook2Service
=your_new_impl_bean_name

Is this making any sense ?  Its similar to how say a user provider works in
Sakai.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Geng, Kelly <gengx at muohio.edu> wrote:

> The way we wanted to do it is to direct the instructor to an external grade
> submission application and from there to PULL  grade data from Sakai. I had
> some discussion with you two weeks ago about how to utilize the internal GB2
> REST service call to implement that, and we have done some curl and perl
> test since then to prove the feasibility. So now the first step is to direct
> the user to the external when they click on "Submit Final Grade" and pass
> along the siteId(for the app to come back for more info) and userId( the
> instructor userId for single sign-on). Does this make sense? Now I need to
> get the userId from the client side. Is there an easy way to do it?
>
> Thanks!
> Kelly

John Bush
602-490-0470